Thursday, March 12, 2009

Night-Night


So Kathryn is not a sleeper - not at all. In fact she only usually takes 2 half hour naps a day but she is pretty good during the night - mostly just waking up once to quickly eat then back to bed, but sometimes it can be draining as I would like a nap longer than 30 minutes! When she does take longer naps I have to go and check on her to make sure she is okay. Like today, she took 3 45-60 minute naps and I had to call Jake to tell him because I could barely believe it.
When I am feeling tired and as if I will never get to sleep, especially after this stupid daylight savings, I need to remind myself how incredibly bless I am. I have a very happy and healthy little girl with tons of energy - hey, she just wants to dance all day...no worries! The times that it does get to me is when I am trying to put her to bed especially now that she is on different time than the rest of Canada. Sometimes she will just talk herself to sleep (I think she is chatting with all of the animals on her bumper pad but that may just be me thinking that) but often she will need to be swaddled (I know - still!) and cuddled till she is almost asleep then into the crib she goes. 
Even though I may be exhausted by what the day has been, I love those moments. Her tightly swaddled in my arms, her tinny head resting on my arm, her brown hair tickling my nose as I give her chubby cheeks lots of "night-night" kisses. She then will often giggle then close her eyes as if to say, "Yay, you figured it out Mommy!" That makes the whole day worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment